Spice your dinner with this Asian inspired dish.
Original recipe here.
- 2 Eggplants/aubergines
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup mirin
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Inch ginger, grated
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Sushi/short grained rice
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onion
1. Whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl, making sure the sugar is dissolved.
2. Cut the eggplant into small chunks, place in a large bowl and then pour the marinade over the top. Stir and make sure it is all coated, set aside.
3. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
4. Place a griddle pan on the hob over medium-high heat. Once hot place the marinated eggplant in.
5. Pour over any excess marinade over the top whilst cooking. You may need to do it in two lots so you can keep the first lot on a low heat in the oven.
6. Cook for a few minutes on each side until brown and starting to char from the griddle lines.
7. Serve straight away with rice or as a side and top with sesame seeds and sliced spring onion!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?