A one step recipe with incredible flavour.
Original recipe here.
- 1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp tomate paste
- 1 Tbs[ ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.3 kg boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 5 cm pieces
- 3 Small eggplants, sliced into 1.5 cm rounds
- 3 medium-size red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 Large yellow onion, chopped
- Cooked couscous and fresh oregano leaves, for serving
1. Line a 6-quart slow cooker with a slow cooker liner, if desired. Combine vinegar, tomato paste, cumin, Aleppo, salt, black pepper, and 3/4 cup water in cooker. Add beef, eggplants, bell peppers, and onion; stir to combine. Cover and cook until meat is very tender, 6 to 7 hrs on low or 4 1/2 to 5 hrs on high. Serve stew over couscous, garnished with oregano.