Wholesome goodness in a bowl.
Original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, vegan butter, or ¼ cup water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 900g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup vegan dry white wine (red ok too), optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons organic cornstarch or arrowroot (+ ¼ cup water), optional
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk (light or full-fat) or 1 ½ cups vegan cream or unsweetened cashew milk,
- mineral salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsely
1. Saute: In a large pot, heat oil or water over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic for 5 miutes. Add the mushrooms, thyme and wine, cook for 5 minutes.
2. Simmer: Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. In the last five minutes, add the coconut or plant milk, continue cooking for five minutes.
3. Slurry: Mix the cornstarch with cool water. Add to the soup and stir frequently for 1 – 2 minutes until soup slightly thickens. If the soup is too thin, add more cornstarch slurry as needed until desired consistency is reached.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with homemade Artisan Bread or Naan to soak up the juices and swipe up every last bit of goodness!