Healthy and Perfect for Meatless Monday!
- 1 tsp Olive oil Plus extra for brushing
- 1 Large Onion Peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 Cloves Garlic Peeled and crushed
- 3 Baby Marrow Chopped into chunks
- 1 Large Egg plant Chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g Halloumi cheese
- Add vegetable/beef/chicken stock for added flavour
- Fresh parsley, basil or dill to garnish
1. Heat the oil in lidded frying pan, add chopped onion and garlic and cook til soft.
2. Add chopped baby marrow, egg plant, cumin and smoked paprika and also until softened.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, honey and salt and pepper. Add a bit of water to help flavours to breakdown into a stew. Pop the lid on the pan and let everything cook down for about 20 minutes on a low heat. (The longer you cook it the richer the flavor of the stew).
4. Preheat the oven on grill setting to 180 degrees.
5. When you are happy with you thickness and softness of your vegetable stew, take off the heat.
6. Cut your halloumi into thin slices to put on top of your stew. Brush the hallouimi with a lilt olive oil and put into the oven.
7. Put in the oven for about 5 to minutes until the cheese is crunchy and golden.
8. Serve and enjoy.