A simple soup, made with sweet potatoes, leeks and cauliflower. Topped with fresh herbs and crispy bacon or chorizo - yum!
1 onion, finely chopped
3 leeks, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cauliflower, roughly chopped
2-3 medium sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
3 cups good quality stock (veg, chicken or beef)
250 ml cream (you could substitute with coconut cream)
salt & pepper
fresh parsley or coriander (optional, to serve)
crispy bacon or chorizo (optional, to serve)
bread (optional, to serve)
1. Heat the butter and olive oil to a medium heat in a large pot.
2. Add the onion and leeks, and fry until golden. Then add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes.
3. Add in the cauliflower, sweet potato and stock, and bring to the boil. Add more stock if needed to cover the veg.
4. Season well, and reduce to a gentle simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the veggies are cooked.
5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool. Then using a stick or stand blender, blitz the soup until smooth.
6. Return to the heat, add the cream (or coconut cream), and gently bring back to the boil.
7. Serve topped with fresh herbs, crispy bacon or chorizo, and some slices of toasty, buttered bread.
This recipe is adapted from Wellness Warehouse.