A quick and easy midweek meal that the whole family can enjoy.
- 1,5 Cups cheddar cheese
- 1/3 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Dried basil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 Bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Lightly butter baking tin
3. In a large bowl, combine cheddar, parmesan, oregano, basil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
4. Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the baking tray. Sprinkle 1/4 of cheese and herb mix on top.
5. Arrange half of the tomatoes, and top with another 1/4 of the cheese mix. Repeat layers.
6. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in the onions. Cook until soft and translucent. Stir in breadcrumbs and cook until butter has been absorbed.
7. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
8. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 min. Remove foil and bake again until top is crusty and veggies soft.